Monday, September 3, 2012

Red Nails: 31 Day Challenge "Red Asian Manicure"


Red Nails: 31 Day Challenge

 So I decided to try the 31 day challenge.  I know a lot of other bloggers have done it and are doing right now.  I wanted to partake of the fun too.  I don’t know how anyone could post every single day… I think that is amazing and props to anyone that does.  So I’m just going to take my sweet time with it.  This manicure was done a few days ago but I’ve been so busy with work, interviews, and going away to the Lake for the weekend.

I started with bright red nails and wanted to stamp on them.  I wanted a grey stamp and when my man chose China Glaze “Stone Cold” I thought yeah why not… UM… yeah that didn’t work.  Like most of you know Stone Cold is a matte polish.  Which means it dries in an instant… which equals NO STAMPING.  Yeah don’t even try… super frustrating until I figured out duh it’s a matte. 

So I figured I’d do something different. I used hole protectors to make a kind of half moon mani on both sides of the nail.  My man said, “hey I got an idea.”  He then dug through my image plates and came back with some of the Chinese symbols.  He wanted to do the stamping and viola… really awesome mani design.  I told him that they look like Chinese lanterns. 
Red Asian Manicure
Sunlight

Red Asian Manicure
Sunlight


Red Asian Manicure
Indoor

 Red Asian Manicure Tutorial

 Red Asian Manicure Tutorial
Hole Protector Magic


 

These were done with Pure Ice “Siren”, China Glaze “Stone Cold”, Konad “White”, and BM 203 and 221

6 comments:

  1. That's really pretty! Grats on starting the 31 day challenge, I want to do it too but don't feel like I could manage something different every day for a month. Taking your time is a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! i love the design you did with the hole protectors, it's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You man helped with your mani? You must be in heaven... I wish I had that! It's a gorgeous look too, I love all things Chinese. I've done the hole protector half moons but never a double one, that's ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My man is pretty creative and comes up with cool ideas. I love that you are studying Chinese I think that is so great.

      Delete